The United Nations Association of Germany (UNA Germany) has announced the call for applications for a workshop on Establishing a United Nations Youth Delegate Programme in Countries of the Global South.
The workshop will support 6 to 8 young people from countries of the Global South with an active UNA/UNYA but without a UN Youth Delegate Programme in starting a UN Youth Delegate Programme in their respective countries.
This workshop will support young people to be agents of change. The goal is to empower them to be active global citizens contributing to building a world of justice, equity, and dignity.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To provide information and guidance on how to establish a UN Youth Delegate Programme in your home country;
- To discuss how to involve young people from your home country in the international development policy and decision-making agenda;
- To establish a network of active young people in the Global South;
- To support youth participation and activities in your countries.
- The workshop participants are invited to join UNA Germany´s Youth Conference “It’s up to YOUth” held in Bonn from November 25-27, 2016.
- Travel, accommodation and meal costs will be covered.
Applicants should be:
- Between 18 and 25 years of age;
- Committed to youth participation;
- Interested in international affairs, particularly in youth issues;
- Passionate about solving the world’s most pressing problems and working to engage young people in this important agenda;
- Residents of a country in the Global South with an active UNA/UNYA;
- Able to travel to Bonn, Germany, for up to a week in November,
For more information on How to Apply, click http://www.dgvn.de/fileadmin/user_upload/BILDER/Jugend_und_UN/YouthDelegates_workshop_in_Bonn_Call_for_Applications.pdf